A family tree is a great way to organize and keep track of your family’s history. It can help your kids and their kids to learn about their ancestors. If you’re looking for a way to create a family tree, Google Docs can be a great option.
Below, we will show you different ways to make a family tree on Google Docs.
The easiest way to create a family tree is to use a template. When you have the templates, all you need to do is fill in the information about your family members. Moreover, you can use templates from different sources like Template.com. Let’s see how to use family tree templates to make your family tree:
1. Go to templates.com and search for “family tree templates”.
2. Choose the template you like and select “Google Docs” under File Format. Then press “Free Download”
3. Again press “Free Download”
4. Press “Continue with Google”.
5. Select the email address with which you want to proceed.
6. After doing so, you will be given the option to “Make a copy” of the document.
Once you have copied the document, you can fill in your family’s information.
If you don’t want to use a template, you can always create your family tree from scratch on Google Docs. Creating a family tree from scratch will give you more creative freedom and control over the final product. But it will require more time and effort.
Here’s how you can create a family tree from scratch on Google Docs:
1. Open a new Google Docs document.
2. In the new document, go to “Insert” > “Drawing” > “New”.
3. Select the rectangular icon shape under “Shapes”.
Then, click and drag your mouse to draw the rectangle. If it is not transparent, change the fill color to “Transparent”.
4. Following step 3 draw as many rectangles as you need based on the number of family members. You can position them like the screenshot so that it looks like a tree.
5. Once you’re done, click on the “Textbox” icon under “Insert”. Then, click and drag your mouse to create a text box inside every rectangular.
6. Enter the name of the family member in the text box and repeat this step for all the rectangles. If you want to add more details, such as the date of birth or date of death, you can add them in the text box as well.
7. Now connect the rectangular by making use of the line tool. To do this, click on the “Line” icon under “Line”.
Then, click and drag your mouse to draw a line between the rectangles.
Once you are done, press “Save and Close”. That’s it; you have successfully created a family tree on Google Docs.
In this article, we have shown you two different ways to make a family tree on Google Docs. If you want an easy way to create a family tree, we recommend using a template. But if you want more creative freedom and control over the final product, you can always create your family tree from scratch.
We hope this article has been helpful. Thank you for reading!