To view two pages side by side in Google Docs, you can either use multiple windows or use the ‘add-on’ tool by downloading the Tab Resize extension in the Chrome Web Store. Alternatively, you can use the print option to preview and view two documents side by side.
Unlike Microsoft Word, Google Docs doesn’t have a built-in feature to view two pages side by side. But don’t worry; there’s an easy workaround that lets you achieve the same effect. Let’s look at how to view two pages side by side in Google Docs.
You can open the Google Docs in two separate windows and then arrange the windows to view them side by side on your screen. To do this:
1. Open the Google Docs document you want to view in Chrome.
2. Now, right-click on the name of the Chrome tab where the document is open. Then press “Duplicate.”
3. This will open a duplicate instance of the document on a new tab.
4. Now click and drag the tabs one by one to make them separate. After that, resize them into two columns to appear side by side.
If you want a more permanent solution, there’s an add-on for Google Docs that lets you view two pages side by side. To install the add-on:
1. Go to the Tab Resize extension download page in the Chrome Web Store.
2. “Add to Chrome” to install the add-on.
3. Once it’s been installed, open the Google Docs document that you want to view on two Chrome tabs.
4. Now click on the “Tab Resize” extension icon and press “I understand” after reading the terms.
5. After that, press the “1×2” option.
That’s it; now, the tabs will be resized and appear side by side.
You can use the print preview feature to view two pages side by side quickly. To do this:
1. Open the Google Docs document that you want to view.
2. Now click on “File” and then “Print.” You can also press “CTRL+P” to quickly open the print window.
3. A print tab will open with a preview of how the document will look when it’s printed.
4. Under Pages per sheet, select “2“.
6. Finally, click on the “Save” button to close the print preview window. This will save the document as a PDF file. Now you can open the PDF in any PDF viewer and view the pages side by side.
Those are three different methods that you can use to view two pages side by side in Google Docs. While the first two methods require a bit of work to set up, they’re both great solutions if you need to view two pages side by side regularly. The third method is a quick and easy way to preview your two pages in Google Docs, enhancing your experience when viewing documents.
Do you have any other tips for working with Google Docs? Share them with us in the comments below!