Google Slides is a free web-based application for creating and editing presentations. Compared to the other presentation software, Slides has fewer features, but it is still a powerful tool for creating and sharing presentations.
One of the most common tasks when working with presentations is adding, deleting, duplicating, moving, and hiding slides. In this article, we will show you how to do all of these things in Google Slides.
How to Add Slides in Google Slides
Adding slides in Google Slides is pretty easy and you can do it within a matter of seconds. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, open the presentation file where you want to add a new slide.
- Next, click on the “+” icon from the taskbar at the top left of the screen.
- A new slide will be added to your presentation and it will be subsequent to the slide you were working on.
- You can also add new slides by left-clicking any slide thumbnail and then selecting “New Slide”. The new slide will also be subsequent to the current slide.
How to Delete Slides in Google Slides
Sometimes you may want to delete a slide from your presentation. Google Slides makes it easy to do that as well. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, open the presentation you want to edit.
- Next, navigate to the slide you want to delete and left-click on its thumbnail. Press “Delete” from the options to remove the slide.
You can also press the “Delete” key on your keyboard to delete the selected slide from the presentation.
How to Duplicate Slides in Google Slides
If you want to create a copy of an existing slide, you can do so by duplicating it. Duplicating slides is quite useful when you want to create multiple variations of a slide without having to start from scratch. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, open the presentation in which you want to duplicate a slide.
- Next, left-click on the thumbnail of the slide you want to copy. Click on “Duplicate Slide” from the options.
- A copy of the selected slide will be added to your presentation and it will be subsequent to the current slide.
You can also press “Ctrl+D” on your keyboard to duplicate the selected slide.
How to Move Slides in Google Slides
You can also move slides around in your presentation. This can be useful when you want to change the order of the slides or if you want to move a slide to another presentation. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, open the presentation in which you want to move a slide.
- Next, right-click and hold on to the thumbnail of the slide you want to move. Drag the slide to the desired location and release the mouse button.
- The slide will be moved to the new location.
How to Hide Slides in Google Slides
Hiding slides can be useful when you want to create a version of your presentation with different levels of detail. For example, you can create a basic version of your presentation with only the essential slides and then create a more detailed version with all the slides. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, open the presentation in which you want to hide a slide.
- Next, left-click on the thumbnail of the slide you want to hide. Click on “Skip Slide” from the options.
- The selected slide will be hidden from your presentation.
Note that hiding a slide is different from deleting a slide. When you delete a slide, it is permanently removed from the presentation. When you hide a slide, it is still present in the presentation but it is not shown when you view or present the presentation.
In this article, we showed you how to add, delete, duplicate, move, and hide slides in Google Slides. These are all basic operations but they can be quite useful when you’re working on a presentation. Try out these features the next time you’re using Google Slides and see how they can help you out.