Working on a Google Doc with someone else? Google Docs make it easier to collaborate with others by allowing you to add comments. It can be a great way to give constructive criticism or make suggestions without changing the original document.
If you are using Google Docs for the first time, keep reading the article! Below, we will show you how to add, hide, and remove comments in Google Docs.
Here is how to add comments in Google Docs:
1. Open the Google Docs document you want to add a comment to.
2. Select the text or image you want to comment on. Then press the comment icon from the top bar.
4. This will open a comment box. Type your comment in the box and press the Comment button.
This will add the comment to your document. There are some other ways to add a comment to your document:
- Right-click on the selected text and then click “comment” from the pop-up menu.
- Select the text and press “CTRL+ALT+M” on your keyboard.
You can also add comments to a specific person by typing @ and person’s email address in the comment box. For example, if you want to address your comment to John, you would type @email@example.com in the box. The person you’re addressing the comment to will get an email notification.
There is actually no way to hide comments in Google Docs. However, marking a comment as resolved will hide it from the document, although you can still view it from the comment history.
To mark a comment as resolved, find the comment box beside the text you commented on and click the checkmark icon. The comment will be hidden from the document, although it is not deleted.
You can easily delete comments in Google Docs. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open the Google Docs document with the comment you want to delete.
2. Find the comment box beside the text you commented on and click the menu icon (⋮).
3. Press “Delete.” This will delete the comment from the document.
You can also delete the resolved comment that is hidden from the document. To do so, open “open comment history” at the top right of the page. Then find the comment you want to delete. Next, press the menu icon (⋮) next to the comment box and press “Delete.”
That’s it! These are some simple ways to add, hide, and remove comments in Google Docs. Comments can be a great way to collaborate with others on a document. So next time you are working on a Google Doc with someone, try making use of the feature!