To change the default font in OneNote, simply access the File window, go to the Options, and select the desired font and size under “Default Font.”
OneNote, a powerful note-taking app by Microsoft, offers a range of customization options to suit user preferences, including the ability to change the default font throughout the application.
Changing the default font in OneNote is an easy process that allows users to customize their note-taking experience and create a more visually appealing workspace. Let’s see how to change the default font in OneNote.
Step-by-Step Guide to Change Default Font in OneNote
Follow these steps to change the default font in OneNote:
1. Open the OneNote application and locate the ‘File’ tab situated in the top left corner of the window.
2. Clicking the ‘File’ tab will reveal a drop-down menu. Select the ‘Options’ item from the list.
3. A popup window named ‘OneNote Options’ will appear, displaying a list of categories on the left side. In the ‘General’ tab, look for the ‘Default Font’ section and click the dropdown text box next to ‘Font’.
4. Browse the options and choose your desired font by clicking on them. Once you have made your selection, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
After completing these steps, your default font in OneNote will be successfully updated to the chosen style and size.
To personalize font settings within specific note sections in OneNote, follow these steps:
1. Launch OneNote and open the desired page or section containing the text you want to customize.
2. Select the specific text by clicking and dragging over it with your cursor, highlighting the text that you wish to change.
3. Once your text is highlighted, locate the ‘Home’ tab in the top left corner of the application window, and access the “Basic texts” section.
4. There you will find an option to change the font. There are also options to modify text color, highlighting, and style (bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough) to create visually striking and distinctive notes.
Experiment with these settings, accessible in the ‘Home’ tab, to further customize your notes and elevate your OneNote experience.
When customizing fonts in OneNote, keep the following tips in mind for a better outcome:
1. Choose a font style and size that is easy to read and aesthetically pleasing, leading to a more enjoyable and efficient note-taking environment.
2. Consistency is key. Using the same font and size throughout your OneNote notebooks will make your notes appear more uniform and professional.
3. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different font options and styles to find the one that best suits your taste and purpose. OneNote offers a vast selection of fonts, allowing you to create notes that perfectly match your preferences.
4. Remember that customizations are not limited to default font settings; you can tailor individual text sections to create distinctive notes and emphasize specific pieces of information.
5. Utilize other font-related customizations such as text color, highlighting, and style (bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough) to make your notes stand out and improve the overall note-taking experience.
OneNote’s versatile customization features allow for the creation of consistent, striking, and innovative notes tailored to each user’s unique requirements. Keep in mind the tips shared throughout this guide, explore beyond default font settings, and utilize the wealth of options available in the application.
By doing so, you can optimize your OneNote experience and elevate your note-taking skills to new heights.