To delete a OneNote Notebook, access the file storage location (Windows File Explorer or OneDrive), then delete the desired notebook file from the OneNote folder. This process varies slightly for Windows and Mac, so follow the appropriate steps for your device and operating system.
Deleting a notebook in OneNote is a straightforward process, but if you’re new to the application, you may be unsure where to start. In this quick guide, we’ll show you how to delete a notebook in OneNote, step-by-step, so you can keep your workspace clutter-free and optimized for productivity
Let’s explore the procedure to delete a Notebook in OneNote from different devices.
Deleting a OneNote Notebook in Windows
1. Open your Windows File Explorer.
2. Navigate to the folder containing your OneNote notebooks, usually found under “Documents” > “OneNote Notebooks.”
3. Locate the desired notebook you want to delete.
4. Right-click on the notebook folder.
5. Select “Delete” from the context menu.
The deleted file will be available in the Recycle Bin. You can permanently remove it by also deleting it from the Recycle Bin folder.
1. Open your preferred web browser.
2. Visit OneDrive.com and sign in to your Microsoft account.
3. Click on “My Files” from the left-hand menu to access your file storage.
4. Locate the folder containing your OneNote notebooks (usually “Documents”).
5. Right-click on the desired notebook you want to delete.
6. Select “Delete” from the context menu.
These two methods will help you delete unwanted OneNote notebooks from your Windows computer. Remember to double-check the notebook’s contents before deletion, as this process is permanent and may result in lost information.
Deleting OneNote Notebooks on Mac
1. First, close the notebook from the menu bar by clicking Notebooks> Close This Notebook.
2. Open your preferred web browser. Go to OneDrive.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
3. Click on “Files” on the left-hand menu to access your stored files.
4. Find the Documents folder containing your OneNote notebooks.
5. Right-click on the notebook you want to delete.
6. Choose “Delete” from the context menu.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively manage your OneNote files and maintain a clutter-free environment for seamless productivity. Remember, deleting a notebook is a permanent action, so always double-check the contents before proceeding with the process, ensuring you don’t lose valuable information.