In recent years, emojis have become a popular way to communicate online. Though once relegated to texting and instant messaging, these small pictographs are now appearing in all sorts of places, from social media posts to email signatures. And, as it turns out, you can even use emojis in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets.
Below, we’ll show you how to insert emojis in each of these Google apps.
Since the process for inserting emojis in Google Docs and Slides is identical, we’ll cover them both at the same time. Here’s how to add an emoji to your document or presentation:
1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the emoji.
2. Click on the Insert menu. Select Special Characters from the drop-down menu.
4. Select “Emoticon” in the second drop-down box under “Insert special characters.”
5. Now you will find all the emojis you can add to your document. Simply locate and press the emoji. It will be inserted into your document or presentation at the location of your cursor.
Google Sheets don’t offer the same emoji menu as Docs and Slides, but there’s still a way to insert these symbols. You can use an Add Emojis to Documents from Google Workspace Marketplace to add emojis to your Google Sheets. Apart from Google Sheets, it also works with Google Slides and Google Docs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the download page of Add Emojis to Documents on Google Workspace Marketplace. Press Install.
2. Now you will see a popup. Press “Continue” on it.
3. Choose your Gmail account with which you want to connect the app.
4. Then you will be asked to grant permission to the app. Press “Allow” to proceed with the installation.
5. Now open the Google Sheet where you want to insert emojis. Click “Extensions” from the top bar.
6. Select “Add Emojis to Documents” and press “Add Emojis Keyboard.”
7. A new sidebar will open on the right side of your screen. You can find the preferred emojis from there and then copy them to the sheet.
We hope this guide helped you insert emojis in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. As you can see, it’s a pretty simple process. If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment below.