When you copy text from another source and paste it into Microsoft Word, you might find that it doesn’t quite match up with the other text in your document. That’s because, by default, Microsoft Word pastes text with the format of the source document. Fortunately, there’s a quick and easy way to remove the background formatting from your pasted text.
Below, you will find several ways to get rid of the gray background from the copied text in MS Word.
This is an easy and quick way to remove the gray background while pasting copied text in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Copy the preferred text. Open the MS Word document where you want to add the copied text.
2. Now press “CTRL+V” to paste the text.
3. After pasting the text, you will see a smart tag icon appear at the end of the pasted content. Tap on it to expand the “Paste Options” feature.
4. Select the last option under the Paste option titled “Keep Text Only (T).
That’s it; your content should be pasted without the background formatting.
This is another easy way to eliminate the gray background from the copied text in MS word. Note that this procedure will remove the text formatting as well as the highlight color. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Copy the text from the web page or document.
2. Now open your MS Word document and paste the text using “CTRL+V”.
3. After pasting the content, select the text with the mouse and click “Clear Formatting” under the “Font” section.
That should delete the background formatting, and your text will have the default Word document font and color.
Another easy option is to open Notepad on your computer and paste your text into that. Then you can copy the text from Notepad and paste it into Microsoft Word. Notepad does not support additional formatting, so this will remove any extra backgrounds and formatting.
There you go- now you know how to remove the gray background from the copied text in your Microsoft Word document using three different methods. Try them out and see which one works best for you.