Unlike other Microsoft Office tools, OneNote does not have a built-in “find and replace” feature, which can make it challenging to locate and modify specific information across multiple notes. Luckily, there are workarounds that you can use to achieve similar results.
In this easy guide, we will explore an effective way to find and replace text or other elements in OneNote, so you can save time and streamline your note-taking process.
In OneNote, while there isn’t a built-in Find and Replace feature like in Microsoft Word, you can still perform this task using a few simple steps. This guide will walk you through the process, emphasizing keyboard shortcuts and instructions for both Windows and Mac users.
1. Open OneNote and go to the page containing the text you wish to find and replace.
2. To initiate the search for a specific word or phrase, use these keyboard shortcuts:
- Windows: Press Ctrl + F
- Mac: Press Command + F
3. A search box will appear; enter the word or phrase you want to locate.
4. OneNote will highlight all instances of the search term. Simply click on each highlighted text and make the necessary changes.
5. To navigate between instances of the search term, use these keyboard shortcuts:
- Windows: Press F3 to move forward or Shift + F3 to move backwards.
6. Once you’ve found the text you want to replace, edit it manually as required.
While OneNote doesn’t have a native Find and Replace feature, following these steps will help you achieve similar results. Using this approach, you can efficiently edit and update your notes throughout OneNote.
The find-and-replace function is a valuable tool for anyone who wants to streamline their note-taking process and increase productivity. With just a few clicks, you can quickly locate and modify text within the notebook, saving you time and effort.
Whether you’re correcting a mistake or updating information across multiple notes, OneNote’s find and replace feature makes it easy to get the job done. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can start using this powerful tool today and take your note-taking to the next level.