If you’re having trouble with Zoom screen sharing not working, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Many people have reported this issue, and there are several ways to fix it.
In this blog post, we’ll outline 12 different ways to try and resolve the problem. Hopefully, one of these solutions will work for you!
The first thing you should try is adjusting the screen share setting. Here is how to do this:
1. Open the Zoom Desktop app and join a meeting. Left-click the arrow beside the Audio icon and press “Audio Settings.”
2. Go to the “Share Screen” tab.
3. Check the checkbox beside “Enable the remote control of all applications.”
4. Then click on “Advanced” and tick mark the first box. Also, set the “frames-per-second” below 10.
5. Exit the settings and see if the screen share works now.
Sometimes the problem can occur due to the interference of multiple Zoom instances running in the background. To solve this, you need to close all Zoom processes from the task manager and then restart the application. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Open Task Manager.
2. Find and click on the Zoom processes and press “End Task.”
3. There might be multiple processes of Zoom. Close all of them following step 2.
After that, reopen the application and see if screen share works now.
If you are using a Mac, press and hold “Command + Option + Esc” to open the “Force Quit Application” window. Select the Zoom app and press “Force Quit.”
If you’re a participant and trying to share your screen, it’s possible that the host has not enabled screen sharing for participants. To verify this, you should ask the meeting host to check their settings. Here’s how that host can allow it to:
1. Open the Zoom Desktop app and join a meeting as a host.
2. Click on “Security” from the bottom menu.
3. Press “Share Screen” under “Allow Participants to.”
After updating the settings, the participants will be able to share the screen.
Zoom Screen Share requires a strong and stable internet connection. If your internet connection is not good, it might lead to Zoom screen sharing not working correctly. To check your internet connection, you can do a speed test using an online tool like Speedtest.net.
Hardware Acceleration can accelerate the app’s performance, and it is typically turned on in the Zoom app by default. However, you can double-check to make sure that it’s on. Here’s how you can do this:
1. Join a Zoom Meeting and go “Share Screen” on Settings.
2. Press “Advanced” at the bottom of the page.
3. Make sure that the tick box beside “Share Screen” is marked under “Use hardware acceleration for.”
The Screen Sharing feature on Zoom is pretty resource-intensive. So if you’re sharing your screen and also have your video on, it can lead to issues like screen sharing not working properly. For the best results, we recommend stopping your video before sharing your screen.
If you are using high-resolution displays like 2K or 4K, lowering the screen resolution might help. Doing this will essentially put less strain on your system, which might help with the screen sharing issue. Here is how to do this:
1. Open the Settings of your Computer and go to System.
2. Under the Display option, find and open “Display resolution.”
3. Select a lower resolution.
We recommend that you select something around 1080p, which is pretty balanced. If you are using Mac, go to the Apple menu and then System Preferences. After that, click Displays, then click Display Settings to find the option to alter the resolution.
If you’re having issues with the Screen Sharing feature on the Zoom app on Windows 10, it’s possible that the app doesn’t have permission to use the camera. To fix this, you need to give the app permission to use the camera. Here’s how:
1. Open the Settings app and go to Privacy.
2. Select Camera from the left menu.
3. Make sure that the toggle for “Allow desktop apps to access your camera” is turned on.
After doing this, restart the app and see if the issue has been fixed. If you are using Mac, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Zoom to find and grant the camera permission.
Sometimes other apps using the camera can lead to issues with the Zoom app. To fix this, you need to close all the apps that might be using the camera. Here’s how:
1. Open the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
2. Find the processes that can use the camera (ex: Skype) and end them.
3. Close all the apps that might be using the camera.
Use the Force Quit Application option on Mac to do the same.
If you’re still facing issues with the Screen Sharing feature on Zoom, the problem may be with the app and not your system. In this case, you should update the app to the latest version and see if that fixes the issue.
You can also uninstall the app and then install the latest release. This will essentially give you a clean installation of the app, which might help with the issue. Here is how to delete the old Zoom app and install the latest version:
1. Open Settings and go to Apps.
2. Click on Zoom and then press Uninstall.
3. Again, press Uninstall on the popup to remove the app.
4. Go to the Download Page on the Zoom website.
5. Download and install the latest available version.
If you are using Mac, locate the App in the Finder and drag the Zoom app to the trash to remove it. After that, download the latest version from the App Store.
It can be tricky to troubleshoot and fix Zoom screen sharing not working issues. In the above, we have listed some of the most effective solutions. Hopefully, one of these will help you fix the problem so you can go back to using Zoom without any issues.
However, if you’re still having trouble, you should reach out to the Zoom support team for more help. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments below.
Thank you for reading!