If you’re a Google Docs user, you may have noticed that there’s no easy way to add a check mark symbol. This can be frustrating if you’re trying to create a list or table of contents that includes check marks. Fortunately, there are some workarounds. Keep reading this article to find out different ways to add check marks in Google Docs.
One way to add a checkmark symbol to a Google Doc is to use a bulleted list. Here is how to do this:
1. Open an existing Google Doc or create a new one where you want to add the check mark.
2. Create a bulleted list by pressing “bulleted list” from the above taskbar.
3. Now go to Format > Bullets & numbering > more bullets.
4. In the popup box, search for “checkmark”.
5. Now, your bulleted list will become a checkmark list.
Another way to add check marks in Google Docs is by using characters. Here is how to do this:
1. Open the Google Docs where you want to insert the checkmark.
2. Press Insert > Special Characters.
3. Now, write “check mark” on the search box. You will see different types of check mark icons. Insert the preferred one into the doc.
4. Copy and paste the check mark based on your need to create a list.
If you want to create a checklist where you can check or uncheck items in Google Docs, follow the below steps:
1. Open the Google Docs where you want to add the checklist.
2. Press the Checklist icon from the top-right bar of the taskbar to create a checklist.
3. Add items to the checklist.
4. Now, you can click on the corresponding checkbox to check mark an item.
These are some of the ways by which you can easily add check mark symbols in Google Docs. Try out these methods and see which one works best for you. Do let us know in the comment section below if you have any other method to add check marks in Google Docs.